If you’re like me, you love the creamy goodness of hummus but dread the aftermath of garlic breath, especially when you’re heading back to the office. Fear not! I’ve crafted the perfect garlic-free hummus recipe that not only satisfies your hummus cravings but also ensures you can enjoy it without worrying about offending your colleagues with your breath.
(recipe adapted from this website: https://www.themediterraneandish.com/how-to-make-hummus/)
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh basil (or partly dried)
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Remove the skins.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Taste and adjust lemon juice and spices if necessary.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl and enjoy!
This garlic-free hummus is a game-changer for those of us who crave the deliciousness of hummus but want to enjoy it without the lingering scent of garlic. The creamy texture and rich flavour make it a perfect protein-rich snack or lunch option.
The absence of garlic doesn’t compromise the taste at all. Instead, the focus shifts to the nutty and earthy flavor of tahini, complemented by the brightness of the lemon.
The texture is velvety and smooth, thanks to the right balance of chickpeas and olive oil. Plus, the hummus is incredibly versatile – it pairs well with wholegrain pita bread, carrot sticks, cucumber slices, bell peppers, or any of your favourite raw vegetables.
What’s even better is that you can whip up a batch in just a few minutes, ensuring a fresh and satisfying snack whenever you need it. Say goodbye to garlic breath at work and hello to office-friendly garlic-free hummus! Your taste buds will thank you, and so will your colleagues.